What is the 2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
The 2021 Honda Pilot is spacious, comfortable, and loaded with convenient features. This capable SUV also comes with an efficient V6 engine that delivers all the power you need on Asheville-area roads. So, how much can a Honda Pilot tow? When properly equipped, this Honda SUV offers a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. Whether you want to haul a travel trailer on your next vacation or tow a boat out to Lake Julian Park, the Pilot is more than up to the task. Learn more about the 2021 Honda Pilot towing capacity in this guide from Apple Tree Honda, and then schedule a test drive with us today!
How Much Can a Honda Pilot Tow?
Behind the wheel of the 2WD base LX trim level, you can count on enjoying an impressive towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. However the Pilot can also be equipped with Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) All-Wheel Drive System, which boosts the Pilot towing capacity to 5,000 pounds. All Honda Pilot trim levels are powered by a 3.5L V6 engine paired to a 9-speed automatic transmission with Shift-By-Wire and Paddle Shifters. This strong engine/transmission combo delivers 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. Whether cruising the streets of Hendersonville or heading out on an epic road trip, you’ll appreciate the power this Honda SUV provides.
Honda Pilot Payload & Cargo Space
In addition to its robust towing capability, the Pilot LX offers a payload capacity of 1,420 to 1,625 pounds. But the versatility of the Pilot SUV doesn’t stop there. Thanks to split-folding second- and third-row seats, you can customize the Pilot interior to meet your needs. The 2021 Pilot cargo volume carries over from last year’s model.
- Cargo Volume (behind the 3rd-row): 16.5 cubic feet*/18.5 cubic feet**
- Cargo Volume (behind 2nd-row): 46.8 cubic feet*/55.9 cubic feet**
- Cargo Volume (behind 1st-row): 83.9 cubic feet*/109.0 cubic feet**
Honda Pilot Towing and Tech Features
Johnson City drivers will benefit from the following features designed to further enhance the Pilot towing capacity and performance:
- Eco Assist™ System: Keeps you informed of your fuel usage to help you improve overall efficiency.
- Hill Start Assist: Detects when you’re on a hill and alerts the system to apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal to help prevent rollback.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System: Boosts the Pilot’s towing capacity, while providing superior traction and control in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
- HondaLink®: Allows you to stay connected to your Honda model’s fuel range, service schedule, and more whether inside your vehicle or not.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Makes hitching a trailer or parallel parking easier and safer.
Get Behind the Wheel of the Honda Pilot at Apple Tree Honda
Knowing how much a Honda PIlot can tow is just the beginning. From it’s convenient tech features to its standard Honda Sensing® safety suite, this family-friendly SUV has a lot to offer Fletcher drivers. See how the Pilot compares to competitors like the Nissan Pathfinder, and make sure to explore our new vehicle specials to find our latest offers on the Pilot SUV. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from Apple Tree Honda
Honda SUVs are designed to make every drive safer, smarter, and more comfortable — but which model is the best fit for you in Asheville? The 5-seat Passport is a popular choice in Hendersonville, and it’s easy to see why when you check out the Honda Passport reviews. Read below to see what auto experts…
The Honda CR-V is known for its exceptional dependability, phenomenal fuel efficiency, and luxurious cabin, but how much can a Honda CR-V tow? When properly equipped, the 2021 Honda CR-V can tow a maximum of 1,500 pounds, which lets you take a small camper or boat out of Asheville for trips when you need…
Shopping for an SUV that offers all the cabin space you’ll need for your active Asheville-area family? You should take a look at the 2021 Honda Pilot. With three rows of seating to accommodate up to eight passengers, versatile cargo options, and a long list of convenient features, the Honda Pilot interior will keep everyone…