What is the 2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
The 2021 Honda Pilot is spacious, comfortable, and loaded with convenient features. This capable SUV also comes with an efficient V6 engine that delivers all the power you need on Asheville-area roads. So, how much can a Honda Pilot tow? When properly equipped, this Honda SUV offers a maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. Whether you want to haul a travel trailer on your next vacation or tow a boat out to Lake Julian Park, the Pilot is more than up to the task. Learn more about the 2021 Honda Pilot towing capacity in this guide from Apple Tree Honda, and then schedule a test drive with us today!
How Much Can a Honda Pilot Tow?
Behind the wheel of the 2WD base LX trim level, you can count on enjoying an impressive towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. However the Pilot can also be equipped with Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) All-Wheel Drive System, which boosts the Pilot towing capacity to 5,000 pounds. All Honda Pilot trim levels are powered by a 3.5L V6 engine paired to a 9-speed automatic transmission with Shift-By-Wire and Paddle Shifters. This strong engine/transmission combo delivers 280 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. Whether cruising the streets of Hendersonville or heading out on an epic road trip, you’ll appreciate the power this Honda SUV provides.
Honda Pilot Payload & Cargo Space
In addition to its robust towing capability, the Pilot LX offers a payload capacity of 1,420 to 1,625 pounds. But the versatility of the Pilot SUV doesn’t stop there. Thanks to split-folding second- and third-row seats, you can customize the Pilot interior to meet your needs. The 2021 Pilot cargo volume carries over from last year’s model.
- Cargo Volume (behind the 3rd-row): 16.5 cubic feet*/18.5 cubic feet**
- Cargo Volume (behind 2nd-row): 46.8 cubic feet*/55.9 cubic feet**
- Cargo Volume (behind 1st-row): 83.9 cubic feet*/109.0 cubic feet**
Honda Pilot Towing and Tech Features
Johnson City drivers will benefit from the following features designed to further enhance the Pilot towing capacity and performance:
- Eco Assist™ System: Keeps you informed of your fuel usage to help you improve overall efficiency.
- Hill Start Assist: Detects when you’re on a hill and alerts the system to apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal to help prevent rollback.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ AWD System: Boosts the Pilot’s towing capacity, while providing superior traction and control in all kinds of weather and road conditions.
- HondaLink®: Allows you to stay connected to your Honda model’s fuel range, service schedule, and more whether inside your vehicle or not.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: Makes hitching a trailer or parallel parking easier and safer.
Get Behind the Wheel of the Honda Pilot at Apple Tree Honda
Knowing how much a Honda PIlot can tow is just the beginning. From it’s convenient tech features to its standard Honda Sensing® safety suite, this family-friendly SUV has a lot to offer Fletcher drivers. See how the Pilot compares to competitors like the Nissan Pathfinder, and make sure to explore our new vehicle specials to find our latest offers on the Pilot SUV. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
More from Apple Tree Honda
A fan-favorite Honda model gets a fresh new look for the 2023 model year. Buzz about the 2023 Honda CR-V is growing as we get more information about the longer, more versatile, and more stylish replacement. As we wait for the 2023 Honda CR-V to appear on roads around Asheville, our team at Apple Tree Honda…
The 2022 Honda Civic lineup is here, and there’s a whole lot to love! Whether you choose the Honda Civic Sedan or Honda Civic Hatchback, you’ll be cruising the streets of Asheville in comfort and style, thanks to a powerful engine and plenty of cabin space. One of the highlights of the 2022 Honda…
The 2022 Honda Pilot has been designed with comfort, style, and convenience in mind for drivers in Asheville and beyond. This midsize SUV has been refreshed for 2022, and has seven exceptional trim levels to choose from. One of the highlights of the new Honda Pilot is the extent to which you can customize…